Terms & Conditions Sail Royal Greenwich Cruise Tickets
A. STATUS OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. All tickets are sold subject to these terms and conditions. Please read these terms & conditions carefully prior to purchase and raise any queries. Purchase of any ticket constitutes acceptance of these terms & conditions.
2. These terms & conditions form an integral part of any contract between SG and you.
3. These terms & conditions are subject to change without notice from time to time in our sole discretion. We will notify you of any amendments to these terms & conditions by posting them on this website and it is your responsibility to ensure you have read the most current terms & conditions before purchasing your tickets.
4. Seller is Sail Greenwich Ltd., a limited liability company registered with company number 07623609 (“SG”). These terms & conditions are published on the SG website (www.sailroyalgreenwich.co.uk/en/tac) and are available on paper free of charge upon request.
B. YOUR TICKET
1. Your ticket may be received in the form of paper, mobile/bar code, or email. Passengers must print their tickets. The distance selling laws and the consumer right of withdrawal does not apply to the sale of tickets on this website. Cancellation and refunds are as per our refund & cancellation policy below.
2. Only persons holding a valid ticket will be processed through check-in and admitted on board of the ships.
3. Please check your tickets upon receipt as mistakes cannot be rectified after purchase.
4. Your ticket may be invalidated if any part of it is removed, altered or defaced.
5. Tickets are not issued on a sale or return basis and cannot be cancelled or exchanged after purchase other than in accordance with these terms & conditions. See refund & cancellation policy below.
6. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice. Tickets are sold subject to our right to alter or vary the published event programme without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets other than pursuant to the refund & cancellation policy below. It is your responsibility to check that the event is going ahead at the date and time printed on the ticket.
7. Ownership or possession of a ticket does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on you to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks, logo’s and/or intellectual property appearing on the ticket or used in connection with the event.
8. We are not liable for any tickets which are lost or stolen.
9. Customers are requested to address any specific access requirements in advance of their cruise date. Accessibility cannot be guaranteed unless it is arranged in advance.
C. TICKET SALE
1. Tickets are personal and revocable and not for resale. The tickets shall at all times remain the property of SG and subject to these terms & conditions.
2. Tickets are sold by us and by our official ticket partners: Paylogic, Greenwich Tourist Information/Golden Tours and Ticketweb. SG cannot take responsibility for the validity of tickets purchased from unauthorized agents or other sources.
3. Tickets cannot be used for competitions, promotions, advertising or hospitality packages or otherwise for commercial gain without the express written permission of SG. We reserve the right to cancel any ticket booking which we reasonably believe to be made with a view to resell such tickets or where tickets have been purchased using fraudulent means, such as credit card fraud.
D. AGE RESTRICTIONS
1. All children must have a ticket. Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult. Infants less than a year old do not need a ticket.
2. Accompanying adults should be confident that children within their party will not cause disruption to other passengers. Any disruption may result in you and your children being removed from the ship.
1. You must produce a valid ticket to enable check-in at our reception area and upon request for inspection at any time. Failure to produce your ticket when requested may result in you being removed from the ship or reception area. For concession/children tickets you should bring Photo-ID or your relevant membership card.
2. In order to ensure security, safety and comfort of all patrons, we reserve the right at our reasonable discretion to refuse admission without compensation or refund.
3. To protect your safety and that of other patrons, we reserve the right to search all passengers. We may conduct a security search of a person’s clothing, bags and other items which we reasonably determine at our discretion on entry and exit and reserve the right to disallow items which may be illegal or which, in our reasonable opinion may cause danger or disruption to the river cruise, the other passengers or otherwise.
4. Animals, with the exception of assistance dogs, are not allowed on board.
5. There will be no entry to the reception area or on board before the designated check-in or boarding time respectively.
F. THE RIVER CRUISE
1. The captain is in charge. SG and/or the Captain in their sole discretion may at any time decide that the weather conditions, high or low tide, blocked sailing routes or other marine information or comparable circumstances which may or may not affect the ship, do not allow for safe passage of the ship and therefore require adjustment of the Agreement between the parties or amendment of advertised times or places of embarkation or disembarkation.
2. There are no specific seating arrangements on the cruise. The deck of the ship may or may not have seating. Guests are invited to have a seat in the inside area of the ship.
3. After departure time there is no admission to the cruise.
4. In case of emergency please follow instructions and directions from the crew, captain and/or officials.
5. Should you experience any problems during the cruise, please contact a member of the ship’s crew or a member of the SG staff so that every reasonable effort can be made to resolve the issue prior to or during the cruise as complaints are very difficult to resolve afterwards.
6. TV crew, journalists and/or film cameras may be present on the ship or the reception area. By purchasing a ticket and attending the cruise, you give your express consent to all such filming and to your actual or simulated likeness being included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audiovisual recording (“Footage”), the copyright of which shall be owned by us or the filmer. You hereby agree that any such Footage may be exploited by us or the filmer in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world including use in commercial distribution or use for commercial purposes, such as merchandising or DVDs without payment or compensation.
7. All advertised times are approximate and subject to change. It is your responsibility to make appropriate arrangements to ensure that you arrive at the reception area in sufficient time and to ensure that you are able to stay until arrival of the ship back at the place of disembarkation if the cruise overruns. SG will not be responsible to make any refund or meet the costs of any alternative travel arrangements or for any loss of enjoyment or other indirect loss as a result of a cruise not running to the precise advertised times.
8. The cruise takes place on the River Thames, which has a wide variation of depths with high and low tide, as well as a strong current. The nature of the cruise product is dependent on forces of nature, which cannot be managed by SG. Therefore, there may be variations to the advertised route, times or place of embarkation or disembarkation as may be necessary to keep all passengers safe and dry. You agree to comply with all instructions of the Captain, crew or SG staff at all times.
1. On board there will be bar services available against (cash) payment.
2. Passengers will be offered the catering services as advertised. The exact content of the catering services may vary from the advertised catering due to circumstances beyond SG’s direct control but will always be of similar standard and quality as the advertised catering.
3. SG and her ships crews will apply the ‘Challenge 25’ age verification policy throughout the event as applied to locations in relation to the sale or supply of alcohol. Before being served alcohol, individuals who appear to the responsible person to be under the age of 18 years of age will be asked to produce identification bearing their photograph, date of birth and a holographic mark.
4.We reserve the right to refuse to serve you alcohol if, in our reasonable opinion, we believe that you are intoxicated or likely to become intoxicated if we serve you further alcoholic beverages.
H. DATA PROTECTION
To the extent permitted by law, personal information provided by you when you purchase your ticket will be used for the purposes reasonably connected with the operation of the river cruises and of SG including (but not limited to): providing you with details of forthcoming events, offers and services; providing you with updates and information concerning competitions and other promotional activity; supplying you with the tickets that you request or in which we reasonably believe you may be interested; conducting market research and establishing customer profiles; and transferring or disclosing the information provided to our professional advisors and such other parties as we may consider necessary in the administration of the business. We will not use or disclose your personal information other than as set out in these terms & conditions without your prior consent. By purchasing a ticket or tickets you consent to the use of your personal information in this way. You will be given the opportunity not to subscribe to future marketing communications from us when you place your order and in all future communications which you receive from us. If you have any queries about this, please write to Sail Greenwich Ltd, 6 Mitre Passage – 10th floor, SE10 0ER, Royal Greenwich, England.
I. REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION
1. SG reserves the right to make alterations to the advertised cruises, where these alterations are necessary due to the nature of the product or where the alterations are not material.
2. In the event of a cancellation of a cruise you will be entitled to a refund. Personal arrangements such as travel, subsistence and accommodation in relation to the cruise which have been arranged by you are at your own risk and SG will have no liability of any such loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure.
3. Refunds can only be made to the person who purchased the ticket.
1. You agree that neither SG nor our agents will be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including you) or property however caused: (a) in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by us or our agents or (b) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from breach by you of any of these terms & conditions.
2. You agree that neither SG nor our agents shall be liable to you for any indirect or consequential costs, claims, actual or alleged losses howsoever arising out of or in connection with the cruise and/or our obligations hereunder including but not limited to loss of profit, anticipated profits, savings, business or opportunity or loss of publicity or loss of reputation or opportunity to enhance reputation or loss of contract or other economic or consequential loss arising from the performance (or any failure to perform) these terms & conditions.
3. SG will have no liability to you whatsoever for loss or expenses incurred in connection with the cruise or any cancellation of the cruise, including without limitation, costs of any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made relating to the cruise or cancellation of the cruise.
4. For the purposes of these terms & conditions, “Force Majeure” means any cause beyond our control including, without limitation, act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, royal mourning, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock-out, weather, third party injunction, national defence requirements, acts or regulations of national or local governments. We will not be liable to you for failure to perform any obligation under these terms & conditions to the extent that failure is caused by Force Majeure.
5. You will be responsible for all claims, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses suffered or incurred as a result of your breach of these terms & conditions or default in the discharge of your obligations.
6. Any liability SG may have will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law to the maximum insured amounts that SG has secured from their insurance company. In the event the insurance does not cover the damage suffered, SG’s liability will be limited to the price paid by you for the ticket. Handluggage carried on board the ship is at your own risk and SG cannot accept any liability whatsoever for goods carried on board.
1. To the fullest extent permissible in law, we shall be entitled to assign any and all of our rights and obligations under these terms & conditions, provided that your rights are not materially adversely affected.
2. If any provision of these terms & conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provisions and the remainder of these terms & conditions valid or enforceable.
3. If we delay or fail to enforce any of these terms & conditions it shall not mean we have waived our right to do so.
4. Any person who is not a party to these terms & conditions shall have no rights under the Contracts Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms & conditions.
5. These terms & conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties in connection with the subject matter hereof and supersede any previous terms and conditions, agreement or arrangement between you and us relating to the subject matter hereof. However, nothing in these terms & conditions shall purport to exclude liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
6. These terms & conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.